The Spitzer administration has defended its recommendation of the New York Racing Association to run the state's Thoroughbred racing franchise.
With the deadline ticking before New York's Thoroughbred racing franchise expires, the state Senate has announced three public hearings to consider the future of the industry in New York.
The cap on the amount of money available for breeders' awards in New York would be hiked under legislation proposed by the head of the Senate Racing Committee.
The head of the New York Senate racing committee is pressing a new video lottery terminal plan that would give more money to racetracks and purses by giving back less in winnings to bettors.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio