The Spitzer administration has defended its recommendation of the New York Racing Association to run the state's Thoroughbred racing franchise.
With the deadline ticking before New York's Thoroughbred racing franchise expires, the state Senate has announced three public hearings to consider the future of the industry in New York.
The cap on the amount of money available for breeders' awards in New York would be hiked under legislation proposed by the head of the Senate Racing Committee.
The head of the New York Senate racing committee is pressing a new video lottery terminal plan that would give more money to racetracks and purses by giving back less in winnings to bettors.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Daddy Does Best