The Spitzer administration has defended its recommendation of the New York Racing Association to run the state's Thoroughbred racing franchise.
With the deadline ticking before New York's Thoroughbred racing franchise expires, the state Senate has announced three public hearings to consider the future of the industry in New York.
The cap on the amount of money available for breeders' awards in New York would be hiked under legislation proposed by the head of the Senate Racing Committee.
The head of the New York Senate racing committee is pressing a new video lottery terminal plan that would give more money to racetracks and purses by giving back less in winnings to bettors.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Las Virgenes
- Mshawish Dazzles in Donn Handicap
- Hoppertunity Edges Imperative in San Antonio
- Mor Spirit Secures Robert B. Lewis Score
- Flamboyant Keeps Rolling in San Marcos
- Lukes Alley Takes Gulfstream Park Turf
- El Niño Could Present Triple Crown Challenge
- Marquee Miss Edges Nickname at Oaklawn
- Lady Shipman Aces Season Debut
- Texas Red Ready to Get Back to Work