As Monmouth Park prepares for its upcoming season, Dennis Drazin, who advises the track operators, said during May 5 luncheon the New Jersey facility is operating in the black.
Despite a United States Supreme Court decision not to hear the state of New Jersey's appeal of a ban on sports betting, Monmouth Park officials said June 27 they intend to take bets on sports in September.
In a largely symbolic vote, New Jersey residents Nov. 8 overwhelmingly approved sports betting at casinos and racetracks.
Legislation to authorize Internet gambling at Atlantic City casinos-- and produce a dedicated amount for purses at racetracks--has been introduced in the New Jersey Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material