Despite a United States Supreme Court decision not to hear the state of New Jersey's appeal of a ban on sports betting, Monmouth Park officials said June 27 they intend to take bets on sports in September.
In a largely symbolic vote, New Jersey residents Nov. 8 overwhelmingly approved sports betting at casinos and racetracks.
Legislation to authorize Internet gambling at Atlantic City casinos-- and produce a dedicated amount for purses at racetracks--has been introduced in the New Jersey Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions