As Monmouth Park prepares for its upcoming season, Dennis Drazin, who advises the track operators, said during May 5 luncheon the New Jersey facility is operating in the black.
Despite a United States Supreme Court decision not to hear the state of New Jersey's appeal of a ban on sports betting, Monmouth Park officials said June 27 they intend to take bets on sports in September.
In a largely symbolic vote, New Jersey residents Nov. 8 overwhelmingly approved sports betting at casinos and racetracks.
Legislation to authorize Internet gambling at Atlantic City casinos-- and produce a dedicated amount for purses at racetracks--has been introduced in the New Jersey Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks