As Monmouth Park prepares for its upcoming season, Dennis Drazin, who advises the track operators, said during May 5 luncheon the New Jersey facility is operating in the black.
Despite a United States Supreme Court decision not to hear the state of New Jersey's appeal of a ban on sports betting, Monmouth Park officials said June 27 they intend to take bets on sports in September.
In a largely symbolic vote, New Jersey residents Nov. 8 overwhelmingly approved sports betting at casinos and racetracks.
Legislation to authorize Internet gambling at Atlantic City casinos-- and produce a dedicated amount for purses at racetracks--has been introduced in the New Jersey Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered