The American Horse Council reported more than 60 tax provisions expired; some applied to all businesses, including the horse industry, and one was specifically applicable to owners of racehorses.
The United States House of Representatives and Senate have passed the Farm Bill, and it appears there will be enough votes to override an expected veto by President Bush.
The Equine Equity Act, which would reduce the capital gains holding period for horses and allow horse owners to depreciate all racehorses over the same period, has been introduced in the United States Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern