The American Horse Council reported more than 60 tax provisions expired; some applied to all businesses, including the horse industry, and one was specifically applicable to owners of racehorses.
The United States House of Representatives and Senate have passed the Farm Bill, and it appears there will be enough votes to override an expected veto by President Bush.
The Equine Equity Act, which would reduce the capital gains holding period for horses and allow horse owners to depreciate all racehorses over the same period, has been introduced in the United States Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al