The American Horse Council reported more than 60 tax provisions expired; some applied to all businesses, including the horse industry, and one was specifically applicable to owners of racehorses.
The United States House of Representatives and Senate have passed the Farm Bill, and it appears there will be enough votes to override an expected veto by President Bush.
The Equine Equity Act, which would reduce the capital gains holding period for horses and allow horse owners to depreciate all racehorses over the same period, has been introduced in the United States Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Finger Lakes Gains State-Bred Incentive for Maidens
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017