An Indiana lawmaker has introduced legislation calling for an independent report on the economic impact of the horse racing and breeding industry in the state.
An Indiana legislator has proposed licenses to operate slot machines at two racetracks in the state be auctioned to the highest bidder.
The Indiana Senate has approved legislation that would authorize slot machines at Hoosier Park and Indiana Downs. The measure now goes back to the House of Representatives, where changes made by the Senate can be approved or rejected.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Fair Grounds to Host 'Rosie Day' Feb. 21