Favored Gotta Have Her proved her superiority over Santa Anita's hillside turf course once again Saturday when the versatile mare slipped through an opening at the rail approaching mid-stretch and drew off to win Oak Tree's $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Gotta Have Her, three-for-three on Santa Anita's hillside turf course and coming off a gritty win in Del Mar's Palomar Handicap (gr. IIT) in her last start, looms as the one to beat in Oak Tree's $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) Oct. 17.
Cambiocorsa, queen of Santa Anita's downhill turf course, extended her reign Wednesday to eight consecutive victories when she dominated Oak Tree's opening day feature, the $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Belleski successfully dueled with Intercontinental to remain unbeaten on the Santa Anita Park sod in the $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT), winning by half a length before 10,665 on-track fans on opening day of the Oak Tree meeting.
Course specialist Belleski collared Icantgoforthat in the final furlong and drew clear for a two-length victory over Buffythecenterfold in the $112,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday at Oak Tree.
The $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) is the opening day feature race of the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meet. The "about 6 ½-furlong" race for fillies and mares 3-year-olds and up will be run Wednesday on the downhill turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger