Favored Gotta Have Her proved her superiority over Santa Anita's hillside turf course once again Saturday when the versatile mare slipped through an opening at the rail approaching mid-stretch and drew off to win Oak Tree's $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Gotta Have Her, three-for-three on Santa Anita's hillside turf course and coming off a gritty win in Del Mar's Palomar Handicap (gr. IIT) in her last start, looms as the one to beat in Oak Tree's $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) Oct. 17.
Cambiocorsa, queen of Santa Anita's downhill turf course, extended her reign Wednesday to eight consecutive victories when she dominated Oak Tree's opening day feature, the $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Belleski successfully dueled with Intercontinental to remain unbeaten on the Santa Anita Park sod in the $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT), winning by half a length before 10,665 on-track fans on opening day of the Oak Tree meeting.
Course specialist Belleski collared Icantgoforthat in the final furlong and drew clear for a two-length victory over Buffythecenterfold in the $112,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday at Oak Tree.
The $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) is the opening day feature race of the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meet. The "about 6 ½-furlong" race for fillies and mares 3-year-olds and up will be run Wednesday on the downhill turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- USDA Officials Address American Horse Council
- Live Stream of Welfare Summit Offered July 8
- TOBA Names Top Owners, Breeders for 2014
- F-T Summer Sale Adds Stakes-Winning Fillies
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week