Republican Sen. Dan Kelly, a member of the Senate committee that killed racetrack gaming legislation during a special General Assembly session earlier this year, was appointed by Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear as an 11th Judicial Circuit judge.
A Republican Kentucky senator who chaired the committee that killed legislation to authorize video lottery terminals at the state's racetracks has been appointed as commissioner of the Kentucky Public Service Commission by Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- TTA to Conduct 2-Year-Old Sale in April
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Making a Case for Transparency