The New York Senate approved a bill June 23 that would establish a testing program for steroids in racehorses via horsemen's contributions.
Issues related to Belmont Park and the surrounding community will be the focus of the next New York Senate hearing on the franchise to operate the three-track Thoroughbred racing franchise.
The New York Senate Standing Committee on Racing, Gaming, and Wagering will hold the first of three public hearings on the future of the Thoroughbred racing franchise in the state Sept. 27.
- By Tom LaMarra
The franchise to operate Aqueduct, Belmont Park, and Saratoga will be front and center Sept. 12 during a meeting of the New York Senate Committee on Racing, Gaming, and Wagering.
Legislation passed by the New York Senate would increase for one year funding the New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association receives from purses.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start