The New York Senate approved a bill June 23 that would establish a testing program for steroids in racehorses via horsemen's contributions.
Issues related to Belmont Park and the surrounding community will be the focus of the next New York Senate hearing on the franchise to operate the three-track Thoroughbred racing franchise.
The New York Senate Standing Committee on Racing, Gaming, and Wagering will hold the first of three public hearings on the future of the Thoroughbred racing franchise in the state Sept. 27.
- By Tom LaMarra
The franchise to operate Aqueduct, Belmont Park, and Saratoga will be front and center Sept. 12 during a meeting of the New York Senate Committee on Racing, Gaming, and Wagering.
Legislation passed by the New York Senate would increase for one year funding the New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association receives from purses.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate