The New York Senate approved a bill June 23 that would establish a testing program for steroids in racehorses via horsemen's contributions.
Issues related to Belmont Park and the surrounding community will be the focus of the next New York Senate hearing on the franchise to operate the three-track Thoroughbred racing franchise.
The New York Senate Standing Committee on Racing, Gaming, and Wagering will hold the first of three public hearings on the future of the Thoroughbred racing franchise in the state Sept. 27.
- By Tom LaMarra
The franchise to operate Aqueduct, Belmont Park, and Saratoga will be front and center Sept. 12 during a meeting of the New York Senate Committee on Racing, Gaming, and Wagering.
Legislation passed by the New York Senate would increase for one year funding the New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association receives from purses.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy in Final Drill for Return
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes