Shirocco made many believers in the States last fall with his impressive win in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) at Belmont Park. But after the 5-year-old Andre Fabre trainee's easy win in his first race of the 2006 season, the Jockey Club Stakes (Eng-II) at Newmarket Sunday, it is possible that he could be the next big thing in European racing.
Outsider Lochbuie, hard-ridden by jockey John Egan for the final quarter-mile, caught the gallant 8-year-old Mubtaker in the final strides to register a neck victory in the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) at Newbury Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer