Shirocco made many believers in the States last fall with his impressive win in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) at Belmont Park. But after the 5-year-old Andre Fabre trainee's easy win in his first race of the 2006 season, the Jockey Club Stakes (Eng-II) at Newmarket Sunday, it is possible that he could be the next big thing in European racing.
Outsider Lochbuie, hard-ridden by jockey John Egan for the final quarter-mile, caught the gallant 8-year-old Mubtaker in the final strides to register a neck victory in the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) at Newbury Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- Rafting Set for 2016 Debut in Sam F. Davis
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages
- Taking Shergar
- Kentucky Advances Equine Tax Break Bill
- Tepin Set for Season Debut in Endeavour
- Sandiva Tries Dirt in Royal Delta
- Older Turf Horses Contest Tampa Bay Stakes
- Young Turf Trio Tries Obviously in Arcadia
- California-bred Champions of 2015