A Midnight Lute filly purchased by SGV Thoroughbreds brought the top price of $110,000 Aug. 23 at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. select yearling sale.
The Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's annual selected sale on Sept. 4 dropped in gross and average but rose in median price.
Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's selected yearling sale offered enough quality to keep buyers on the grounds until the very last hip. As a result, the sale average climbed 25.5% to $97,671 and the median jumped 27% to $71,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- MJC: Laurel Meet Offered Building Blocks
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired