A Midnight Lute filly purchased by SGV Thoroughbreds brought the top price of $110,000 Aug. 23 at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. select yearling sale.
The Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's annual selected sale on Sept. 4 dropped in gross and average but rose in median price.
Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's selected yearling sale offered enough quality to keep buyers on the grounds until the very last hip. As a result, the sale average climbed 25.5% to $97,671 and the median jumped 27% to $71,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- The Week in Photos for 1/27/2015
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- WGOH: Avoiding the Nuclear Option
- Keeping Pace: Upstart Figures to Improve