A Midnight Lute filly purchased by SGV Thoroughbreds brought the top price of $110,000 Aug. 23 at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. select yearling sale.
The Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's annual selected sale on Sept. 4 dropped in gross and average but rose in median price.
Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's selected yearling sale offered enough quality to keep buyers on the grounds until the very last hip. As a result, the sale average climbed 25.5% to $97,671 and the median jumped 27% to $71,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'