After flirting with the notion of running Take Charge Lady in Saturday's Churchill Downs Distaff (gr. II), trainer Ken McPeek is pointing the Select Stable runner toward a repeat effort in the Nov. 27 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
Take Charge Lady will make her first start since May 25, and she will have to do it against tough rivals like Bella Bellucci and Imperial Gesture, part of a strong field for the $250,000 Gazelle Handicap (gr. I) at 1 1/8 mile for 3-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
After missing the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes, Take Charge Lady bounces back to win the Dogwood.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points