Halo Ola, champion older female in Argentina last year, will make her United States debut in the $350,000 Gamely Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park on May 30, trainer Luis Seglin announced on Thursday.
A determined Miss Loren became a North American grade I winner Sunday at Santa Anita, nipping Good Student in the $250,000 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) in a stirring stretch drive.
It was no surprise that an Argentine-bred won the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) Sunday at Del Mar, although a bit shocking that it wasn't favored Star Parade. Instead it was Miss Loren, the longest shot in the field who circled the front-runners in mid-stretch with jockey Jon Court and won going away by 3 1/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job