Halo Ola, champion older female in Argentina last year, will make her United States debut in the $350,000 Gamely Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park on May 30, trainer Luis Seglin announced on Thursday.
A determined Miss Loren became a North American grade I winner Sunday at Santa Anita, nipping Good Student in the $250,000 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) in a stirring stretch drive.
It was no surprise that an Argentine-bred won the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) Sunday at Del Mar, although a bit shocking that it wasn't favored Star Parade. Instead it was Miss Loren, the longest shot in the field who circled the front-runners in mid-stretch with jockey Jon Court and won going away by 3 1/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Espinoza Back for More in Kentucky Derby