Halo Ola, champion older female in Argentina last year, will make her United States debut in the $350,000 Gamely Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park on May 30, trainer Luis Seglin announced on Thursday.
A determined Miss Loren became a North American grade I winner Sunday at Santa Anita, nipping Good Student in the $250,000 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) in a stirring stretch drive.
It was no surprise that an Argentine-bred won the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) Sunday at Del Mar, although a bit shocking that it wasn't favored Star Parade. Instead it was Miss Loren, the longest shot in the field who circled the front-runners in mid-stretch with jockey Jon Court and won going away by 3 1/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Arapahoe Park Lifts EIA Quarantine