The first gathering of membership since the Jockeys' Guild filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection will take place Dec. 2-4 in Louisville, with an update on the financial and legal status of the organization expected from Guild leaders.
Jockey Chance Rollins, a 36-year-old regular on the Northern California circuit, remained in critical but stable condition Monday with injuries he suffered after he was thrown in the third race at Bay Meadows on Sunday.
Sunny Ho, the 44-year-old jockey who was severely injured in a March 1 racing accident at Golden Gate Fields, continues to make significant gains after undergoing emergency brain surgery last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps