The first gathering of membership since the Jockeys' Guild filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection will take place Dec. 2-4 in Louisville, with an update on the financial and legal status of the organization expected from Guild leaders.
Jockey Chance Rollins, a 36-year-old regular on the Northern California circuit, remained in critical but stable condition Monday with injuries he suffered after he was thrown in the third race at Bay Meadows on Sunday.
Sunny Ho, the 44-year-old jockey who was severely injured in a March 1 racing accident at Golden Gate Fields, continues to make significant gains after undergoing emergency brain surgery last week.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita