The first gathering of membership since the Jockeys' Guild filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection will take place Dec. 2-4 in Louisville, with an update on the financial and legal status of the organization expected from Guild leaders.
Jockey Chance Rollins, a 36-year-old regular on the Northern California circuit, remained in critical but stable condition Monday with injuries he suffered after he was thrown in the third race at Bay Meadows on Sunday.
Sunny Ho, the 44-year-old jockey who was severely injured in a March 1 racing accident at Golden Gate Fields, continues to make significant gains after undergoing emergency brain surgery last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch