The first gathering of membership since the Jockeys' Guild filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection will take place Dec. 2-4 in Louisville, with an update on the financial and legal status of the organization expected from Guild leaders.
Jockey Chance Rollins, a 36-year-old regular on the Northern California circuit, remained in critical but stable condition Monday with injuries he suffered after he was thrown in the third race at Bay Meadows on Sunday.
Sunny Ho, the 44-year-old jockey who was severely injured in a March 1 racing accident at Golden Gate Fields, continues to make significant gains after undergoing emergency brain surgery last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Strut the Course Edges Favorite at Woodbine
- Nutan Easy Winner of German Derby
- Front-Runner Dogwood Trail Blossoms in Azalea
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban