Round Pond, who has been out of action since winning the April 15 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park, highlights a solid field of six 3-year-old fillies entered in Saturday's $250,000 Acorn (gr. I), going one mile at Belmont Park.
John C. Oxley's Seek a Star withstood all challenges in the stretch, pulling away to win the featured $114,200 La Troienne Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Thursday.
The Derby/Oaks weekend of stakes competition at Churchill Downs kicks off on Thursday with the $100,000-added La Troienne (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies and the $100,000-added Mamzelle Stakes on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board