Round Pond, who has been out of action since winning the April 15 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park, highlights a solid field of six 3-year-old fillies entered in Saturday's $250,000 Acorn (gr. I), going one mile at Belmont Park.
John C. Oxley's Seek a Star withstood all challenges in the stretch, pulling away to win the featured $114,200 La Troienne Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Thursday.
The Derby/Oaks weekend of stakes competition at Churchill Downs kicks off on Thursday with the $100,000-added La Troienne (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies and the $100,000-added Mamzelle Stakes on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation