Round Pond, who has been out of action since winning the April 15 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park, highlights a solid field of six 3-year-old fillies entered in Saturday's $250,000 Acorn (gr. I), going one mile at Belmont Park.
John C. Oxley's Seek a Star withstood all challenges in the stretch, pulling away to win the featured $114,200 La Troienne Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Thursday.
The Derby/Oaks weekend of stakes competition at Churchill Downs kicks off on Thursday with the $100,000-added La Troienne (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies and the $100,000-added Mamzelle Stakes on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound