Round Pond, who has been out of action since winning the April 15 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park, highlights a solid field of six 3-year-old fillies entered in Saturday's $250,000 Acorn (gr. I), going one mile at Belmont Park.
John C. Oxley's Seek a Star withstood all challenges in the stretch, pulling away to win the featured $114,200 La Troienne Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Thursday.
The Derby/Oaks weekend of stakes competition at Churchill Downs kicks off on Thursday with the $100,000-added La Troienne (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies and the $100,000-added Mamzelle Stakes on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby