Round Pond, who has been out of action since winning the April 15 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park, highlights a solid field of six 3-year-old fillies entered in Saturday's $250,000 Acorn (gr. I), going one mile at Belmont Park.
John C. Oxley's Seek a Star withstood all challenges in the stretch, pulling away to win the featured $114,200 La Troienne Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Thursday.
The Derby/Oaks weekend of stakes competition at Churchill Downs kicks off on Thursday with the $100,000-added La Troienne (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies and the $100,000-added Mamzelle Stakes on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- BC, NBC Extend Media Rights Deal 10 Years
- Lameness Knocks Magician Out of BC Turf
- Silver Charm Pensioned, Returning to Kentucky
- Free as a Bird Refuses to Fly, Out of Cup
- Jury Fails to Reach Verdict in Mare Case
- Zenyatta: Champion Mother
- American Pharoah Out of BC Juvenile
- Hopes of Calderon, Peru with Valiant Emilia