Sam-Son Farm homebred Strike Softly, a three-time stakes winner in 2006, will make her 4-year-old debut in Sunday's $150,000 Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Kinghaven Farms homebred Seductively kicked off her 4-year-old campaign in style, winning Sunday's US$154,616 Whimsical Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine by 2 1/4 lengths.
Favored Strike Softly swept past the leaders approaching the eighth pole and drew away for an easy victory in the (US)$133,646 Jammed Lovely for 3-year-old Canadian-bred fillies at Woodbine Sunday.
Kimchi, perfectly handled by jockey Patrick Husbands, took over turning for home and drove to a 1 3/4-length triumph over Sweet Breanna in the $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks, the premier event for Canadian-foaled 3-year-old fillies Sunday in Toronto.
Hillsbrook Farms' homebred Like a Gem is the lukewarm 5-2 morning line favorite among 10 Canadian-foaled 3-year-old fillies set to contest the $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks at nine furlongs Sunday at the Toronto track.
Kinghaven Farms' homebred Seductively set all the fractions after a fast start and held off a late challenge from Angel On Watch to win the $283,000 Selene Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine on Wednesday night.
Undefeated Wannatalkaboutme is giving Canadian fans something new to talk about, winning the $162,450 Shady Well Stakes from off the pace for her third victory in as many starts Sunday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'