A National Film Board of Canada's documentary, Secretariat's Jockey, Ron Turcotte, will premiere during Kentucky Derby Week in conjunction with the 40th anniversary of Secretariat's historic Triple Crown campaign.
Five horses who generated headlines for their feats in 2012 have been nominated for the third annual Secretariat Vox Populi ("Voice of the People") Award.
Penny Chenery, who raced the great Secretariat, has announced that Horse of the Year Zenyatta will be the recipient of the inaugural Secretariat Vox Populi ("Voice of the People") Award.
The anonymous bidder who recently purchased the gold winner's trophy earned by Majestic Prince in the 1969 Kentucky Derby is no stranger to such hardware.
The blanket worn by Secretariat after his victorious career finale in the 1973 Canadian International Championship sold for $21,600 after being offered online through E-bay and Secretariat.com, the official Web site for the champion racehorse.
Most Popular Stories
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Godolphin's Romansh on Schedule for Whitney
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Delaware Park Cancels July 28 Racing Program
- Milestone Victory for Jockey Centeno
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win