The Secretariat Turf Course at Colonial Downs was intentionally set ablaze March 22 as the Virginia track undertook a "controlled burn" in an effort to get the grass to re-grow in time for the meet that begins June 2.
Colonial Downs in Virginia is prepared for a rather hot start to its 2008 meet, which gets under way the evening of June 9.
Colonial Downs near New Kent, Va., ended its seventh Thoroughbred meet with records in total handle, on-track handle, and daily average total handle.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code: A.P. Indy's Last Derby Hope
- After Market Purchased to Stand in Turkey
- Turfway to Increase Stakes, Allowance Purses
- Moment of the Year Voting Now Open
- Novak at the Track: Road to Derby Retrospect
- Barretts January Sale Catalog Now Online
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana