The Secretariat Turf Course at Colonial Downs was intentionally set ablaze March 22 as the Virginia track undertook a "controlled burn" in an effort to get the grass to re-grow in time for the meet that begins June 2.
Colonial Downs in Virginia is prepared for a rather hot start to its 2008 meet, which gets under way the evening of June 9.
Colonial Downs near New Kent, Va., ended its seventh Thoroughbred meet with records in total handle, on-track handle, and daily average total handle.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- French Derby Duo Face Off at Longchamp
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap