The Secretariat Turf Course at Colonial Downs was intentionally set ablaze March 22 as the Virginia track undertook a "controlled burn" in an effort to get the grass to re-grow in time for the meet that begins June 2.
Colonial Downs in Virginia is prepared for a rather hot start to its 2008 meet, which gets under way the evening of June 9.
Colonial Downs near New Kent, Va., ended its seventh Thoroughbred meet with records in total handle, on-track handle, and daily average total handle.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- 'Sensation' Still Questionable For HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired