A limited edition bourbon decanter featuring the likeness of the great Secretariat and his jockey Ron Turcotte will be unveiled May 1 at the Kentucky Derby Museum at Churchill Downs.
A shoe worn by Secretariat during his victory in the Sept. 16, 1972 Futurity Stakes at Belmont Park is being auctioned on eBay to benefit the Secretariat Foundation.
Actors, directors, and hundreds of individuals from the horse industry walked the red carpet Oct. 3 for a special screening of the movie "Secretariat."
Although history would place them a generation apart, jockeys Ron Turcotte and Calvin Borel will be meeting new and old fans alike in public autograph appearances at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 15-16. Both riders will be appearing at the Secretariat.com booth set up for the weekend adjacent to the jockey silks display.
Helen "Penny" Chenery, owner of 1973 Triple Crown champion Secretariat and president of the Secretariat Foundation, has announced the Foundation's recipients of charitable grants for 2009.
The first Bourbon County Secretariat Festival is scheduled for Sept. 20 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Bourbon County Fair Grounds in Paris, Ky.
The blanket worn by Secretariat after his victorious career finale in the 1973 Canadian International Championship sold for $21,600 after being offered online through E-bay and Secretariat.com, the official Web site for the champion racehorse.
Penny Chenery, owner of the legendary Secretariat, has released for auction a horse blanket worn by the champion at his resounding 1973 victory in the Canadian International Championship at Woodbine. The Canadian International was the final race of Secretariat's career.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30