A limited edition bourbon decanter featuring the likeness of the great Secretariat and his jockey Ron Turcotte will be unveiled May 1 at the Kentucky Derby Museum at Churchill Downs.
A shoe worn by Secretariat during his victory in the Sept. 16, 1972 Futurity Stakes at Belmont Park is being auctioned on eBay to benefit the Secretariat Foundation.
Actors, directors, and hundreds of individuals from the horse industry walked the red carpet Oct. 3 for a special screening of the movie "Secretariat."
Although history would place them a generation apart, jockeys Ron Turcotte and Calvin Borel will be meeting new and old fans alike in public autograph appearances at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 15-16. Both riders will be appearing at the Secretariat.com booth set up for the weekend adjacent to the jockey silks display.
Helen "Penny" Chenery, owner of 1973 Triple Crown champion Secretariat and president of the Secretariat Foundation, has announced the Foundation's recipients of charitable grants for 2009.
The first Bourbon County Secretariat Festival is scheduled for Sept. 20 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Bourbon County Fair Grounds in Paris, Ky.
The blanket worn by Secretariat after his victorious career finale in the 1973 Canadian International Championship sold for $21,600 after being offered online through E-bay and Secretariat.com, the official Web site for the champion racehorse.
Penny Chenery, owner of the legendary Secretariat, has released for auction a horse blanket worn by the champion at his resounding 1973 victory in the Canadian International Championship at Woodbine. The Canadian International was the final race of Secretariat's career.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks