In a new documentary, Penny Chenery reveals that during Secretariat's 1973 Triple Crown run she had an affair with her champion racehorse's trainer, Lucien Laurin.
The sixth annual Secretariat Festival in Paris, Ky., features an appearance by Penny Chenery, and the world premiere of film "Penny & Red: The Life of Secretariat's Owner."
The documentary "Penny & Red: the Life of Secretariat's Owner," depicting the life of Penny Chenery, whose family's Meadow Stable bred and raced the great racehorse, will have its premiere Sept. 20 in Lexington.
The Bourbon County Secretariat Festival Committee announced Sept. 13 the complete schedule of events for the Secretariat Festival. The festival will be held Sept. 2324 in Paris, Ky.
The first Bourbon County Secretariat Festival is scheduled for Sept. 20 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Bourbon County Fair Grounds in Paris, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Kettle Corn Retired, Will Stand in Ohio
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour