Affluent and jockey Alex Solis found room on the inside behind a wall of horses in the stretch and went on to defeat heavily-favored Sightseek in the Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) for fillies and mares Saturday at Santa Anita.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela found room along the rail and shot even-money favorite Starrer through the opening at the top of the stretch, going on to a five-length victory in the $150,000 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Starrer worked six furlongs in 1:14.60 at Hollywood Park Sunday morning under exercise rider Michelle Jensen in preparation for defense of her Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) crown next Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse