Team Valor International reported that Secret Heart, the dam of 2010 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) winner Pluck, died July 5 at Denali Stud near Paris, Ky.
Vinery Australia announced May 11 that it has added the brilliant 2010 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) winner Pluck to its stallion roster for the 2012 breeding season.
Team Valor International's Pluck came from last at top of the lane and used a devastating turn of foot to pick off all 11 of his rivals in winning the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) Nov. 6 at Churchill.
Slight favorite Pluck used a powerful stretch kick to run down the field in the $243,176 Summer Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIIT) Sept. 18 at Woodbine, earning a spot in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) this fall.
Classic Stamp, the multiple stakes-winning daughter of Regal Classic, makes her 2005 added-money debut in Saturday's Nassau Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine, an event that has attracted some strong talent from Canada and the United States.
Five fillies and mares owned by Team Valor and partners have been imported to the U. S. from South Africa and will be sent to the organization's private trainer Ralph Nicks at Saratoga after spending two months in quarantine.
Most Popular Stories
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup