Roderic O'Conner took command at the start and never looked back as he galloped home an easy winner of the $463,587 Abu Dhabi Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at the Curragh May 21.
Roderic O'Connor provided trainer Aidan O'Brien with consecutive wins in the Criterium International (Fr-I) when he held off Salto to claim the Saint-Cloud contest by 1 1/2 lengths Oct. 31.
Mark Johnston has been riding at Santa Anita for less than a week, but at five feet, nine inches, he's made an impression, especially in the jockeys' room, where he towers over his peers.
Embassy Belle is winless in two starts in the United States, but the 5-year-old Irish-bred mare has far from disgraced herself. She returns to the downhill turf course Saturday in the $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (Gr. III) for older fillies and mares.
Sentimental Value drew away from Secret Garden nearing the sixteenth pole and went on to a four-length victory under jockey Victor Espinoza in Saturday's $125,000 Matiara at Hollywood Park.
British-bred Megahertz, who reeled off her fifth straight United States triumph in Hollywood Park's inaugural running of the $500,000 American Oaks in July, returns on Saturday as the 124-pound high weight among ten entrants in the $125,000 Matiara Stakes.
Action is on the upswing again for trainer Simon Bray, who awaits English import Secret Garden at Hollywood Park for the $125,000 Matiara Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday