A Kentucky lawmaker has introduced legislation that would impose a 3.5% tax on out-of-state advance deposit wagering companies that take bets from Kentucky residents.
The International Horsemen's Wagering Assurance Group, which intends to recapture pari-mutuel revenue and funnel it to horsemen, jockeys, and racetracks, announced it has officially opened a secondary pari-mutuel operation with a hub in Las Vegas and call center in Curacao.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- Keeping Pace: Upstart Figures to Improve
- The Week in Photos for 1/27/2015
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series