Louisville pub Molly Malone's will host a Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) party to raise money for Second Stride at 5:30 p.m., Monday, April 29 at its Highlands location.
Four racehorse adoption agencies went home from the Spiral Stakes Saturday with $13,740 from the Turfway Aftercare Program (TAP), a joint funding effort by Turfway Park and owners.
The Turfway Aftercare Program has written its first checks, sending funds to four racehorse adoption groups in April and May. The program was developed last year to assist groups that accept retiring racehorses.
Pat Byrne, trainer of Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Take Charge Indy, will donate 10% of his winnings from the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) to the horse rescue organization Second Stride.
In light of the ever-growing issue of Thoroughbred aftercare, a series of speakers were invited to share their knowledge at an Oct. 18-19 professional education seminar offered by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Eight Rivals for Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio
- Takeout Just One Symptom of the Disease
- Fayette Winners Square Off in Ben Ali
- Bejarano Picks Up Derby Mount on Wildcat Red
- Coolmore Lexington: A Prep in Its Prime
- Divine Oath Heads Coolmore Lexington
- Kauai Katie Makes Her 2014 Debut in Distaff
- Denali Promotes Jarrett, Adds Bayer to Team