Louisville pub Molly Malone's will host a Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) party to raise money for Second Stride at 5:30 p.m., Monday, April 29 at its Highlands location.
Four racehorse adoption agencies went home from the Spiral Stakes Saturday with $13,740 from the Turfway Aftercare Program (TAP), a joint funding effort by Turfway Park and owners.
The Turfway Aftercare Program has written its first checks, sending funds to four racehorse adoption groups in April and May. The program was developed last year to assist groups that accept retiring racehorses.
Pat Byrne, trainer of Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Take Charge Indy, will donate 10% of his winnings from the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) to the horse rescue organization Second Stride.
In light of the ever-growing issue of Thoroughbred aftercare, a series of speakers were invited to share their knowledge at an Oct. 18-19 professional education seminar offered by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile