Louisville pub Molly Malone's will host a Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) party to raise money for Second Stride at 5:30 p.m., Monday, April 29 at its Highlands location.
Four racehorse adoption agencies went home from the Spiral Stakes Saturday with $13,740 from the Turfway Aftercare Program (TAP), a joint funding effort by Turfway Park and owners.
The Turfway Aftercare Program has written its first checks, sending funds to four racehorse adoption groups in April and May. The program was developed last year to assist groups that accept retiring racehorses.
Pat Byrne, trainer of Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Take Charge Indy, will donate 10% of his winnings from the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) to the horse rescue organization Second Stride.
In light of the ever-growing issue of Thoroughbred aftercare, a series of speakers were invited to share their knowledge at an Oct. 18-19 professional education seminar offered by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1