Comma to the Top, Jimmy Creed, and Camp Victory all bring grade I victories into the Potrero Grande (gr. II) at Santa Anita, vying to become the West Coast's top sprinter.
Ben Cecil, the son and nephew of English trainers, will attempt to win his first Breeders' Cup race with Reddam Racing's Second City in the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I).
Grade II winner Bourbon Courage proved an easy winner last time out in the Super Derby (gr. II) at 1 1/8 miles. Now, the 3-year-old son of Lion Heart is being asked to shorten up to 1 1/16 miles in the Indiana Derby.
Owner Glen Todd pulled out all the stops in an effort to claim his first British Columbia Derby with a three-horse entry that went off at 2-5 odds, but it wasn't enough to stop high-stepping Second City Sept. 9 at Hastings.
Jockey Mario Gutierrez will attempt to win the $200,000 British Columbia Derby Sept. 9 at Hastings Racecourse for his mentor, Glen Todd, who has entered a trio of strong challengers in the $200,000 event at 1 1/8 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty