A study on former racehorses transitioned to second careers indicates a large percentage of them are acquired from their owners, not auctions.
The inaugural Thoroughbred Makeover and National Symposium, dedicated to developing second careers for retired Thoroughbred racehorses, will be held in Baltimore. Twenty-six trainers from the U.S. and Canada will participate.
Most Popular Stories
- Spendthrift Gets Breeding Rights to Palace
- Stellar Wind Fresh for Distaff
- Papa John's Pizza to Support Aftercare
- Lovely Maria Out Rest of Year
- Innovation in Racing Not Without Obstacles
- Bergstein Award Presentations Set for Nov. 12
- Woodford Stakes Grade Reinstated
- Slideshow: Progeny of Empire Maker
- Gulfstream Numbers Increase Substantially
- Compromise Sought on KY Downs Dates Request