A study on former racehorses transitioned to second careers indicates a large percentage of them are acquired from their owners, not auctions.
The inaugural Thoroughbred Makeover and National Symposium, dedicated to developing second careers for retired Thoroughbred racehorses, will be held in Baltimore. Twenty-six trainers from the U.S. and Canada will participate.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- Trickmeister to Tomorrow Bloodstock in NY
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76