Surviving a battle of attrition, Nonsuch Bay wins the Mother Goose over just three rivals.
With Take Charge Lady and Bella Bellucci both on the sidelines, a field of just five 3-year-old fillies will run Saturday at Belmont in the grade I Mother Goose Stakes.
Godolphin's Imperial Gesture upset stablemate Tempera in Saturday's Melbourne Racing Club UAE Oaks at Nad Al Sheba. The 3-year-old daughter of Langfuhr completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:49.61, 3 1/4 lengths ahead of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner.
Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) runner-up Imperial Gesture romped to a nine-length win over Godolphin stablemate Seba in the Moonshell Mile at Nad Al Sheba Sunday. A Godolphin horse also won the next race on Sunday night's Nad Al Sheba card, when Narrative earned his third straight win in the Dubai City of Gold (UAE-III).
Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) runner-up Imperial Gesture will face four rivals including stablemate Seba in Sunday's Moonshell Mile at Dubai's Nad Al Sheba Racecourse. Frankie Dettori will ride Imperial Gesture in the dirt track test for 3-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets