Mirroring the wide-open nature of this year's hunt for the Kentucky Derby, a field of 13 will assemble Sunday to contest the Risen Star Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds.
Reflecting the lack of a solid favorite, or any favorite at all, Kentucky Derby Future Wager bettors hammered the field down to the even-money favorite after the first day of wagering in pool one Thursday.
Stonerside Stable homebred Seattle Hoofer fired a bullet towards the Feb. 16 Risen Star Stakes (gr. III) with a six-furlong breeze in 1:14.00. The move was the fastest of five at the distance Thursday at Fair Grounds.
Dark bay/brown colt, foaled Jan. 19, 2000
Seattle Slew--Star of Broadway, by Broad Brush
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite