Mirroring the wide-open nature of this year's hunt for the Kentucky Derby, a field of 13 will assemble Sunday to contest the Risen Star Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds.
Reflecting the lack of a solid favorite, or any favorite at all, Kentucky Derby Future Wager bettors hammered the field down to the even-money favorite after the first day of wagering in pool one Thursday.
Stonerside Stable homebred Seattle Hoofer fired a bullet towards the Feb. 16 Risen Star Stakes (gr. III) with a six-furlong breeze in 1:14.00. The move was the fastest of five at the distance Thursday at Fair Grounds.
Dark bay/brown colt, foaled Jan. 19, 2000
Seattle Slew--Star of Broadway, by Broad Brush
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity