Champion Declan's Moon fell from the ranks of the undefeated in his first start in more than 16 months when Desert Boom nipped him by a nose at the wire of an optional claiming allowance race at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Unfurl the Flag seeks to become the first horse in 50 years to successfully defend honors in the $300,000 Triple Bend Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Siren Lure, carrying top weight of 122 pounds, seeks his fourth consecutive win in Saturday's $100,000 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) at about 6 ½ furlongs on Santa Anita's hillside turf course.
Lost in the Fog, the nation's champion sprinter last year, will carry 125 pounds when he faces four rivals Saturday in his 2006 debut in the $100,000 Oakland Tribune Golden Gate Fields Sprint.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance