The fate of Chester Downs and Marina, a Standardbred racetrack and entertainment center planned for southeast Pennsylvania, could be determined Jan. 9 when the Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission meets to rule on the license application.
Horsemen and management at Philadelphia Park came to terms on a live racing agreement Dec. 30 and averted a shutdown of live racing and simulcasting at the Pennsylvania track.
A hearing by the Pennsylvania Racing Commission on the proposed Seaport Park by Greenwood Racing, owner and operator of Philadelphia Park, ended inconclusively Dec. 16 pending submission of additional financial information.
A plan for a Thoroughbred racetrack to be owned by horse owners has been floated in Pennsylvania, and the group awaits a hearing before the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission.
With both gubernatorial candidates supporting slot machines at racetracks, a flurry of applications for new licenses were presented to the Pennsylvania State Racing Commission last week in anticipation of the expanded gaming revenue.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Destin Remains On Track for Jim Dandy