The fate of Chester Downs and Marina, a Standardbred racetrack and entertainment center planned for southeast Pennsylvania, could be determined Jan. 9 when the Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission meets to rule on the license application.
Horsemen and management at Philadelphia Park came to terms on a live racing agreement Dec. 30 and averted a shutdown of live racing and simulcasting at the Pennsylvania track.
A hearing by the Pennsylvania Racing Commission on the proposed Seaport Park by Greenwood Racing, owner and operator of Philadelphia Park, ended inconclusively Dec. 16 pending submission of additional financial information.
A plan for a Thoroughbred racetrack to be owned by horse owners has been floated in Pennsylvania, and the group awaits a hearing before the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission.
With both gubernatorial candidates supporting slot machines at racetracks, a flurry of applications for new licenses were presented to the Pennsylvania State Racing Commission last week in anticipation of the expanded gaming revenue.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- Parranda Seeks More Gulf Glory in Honey Fox