Glen Hill Farm's dual grade I winner Marketing Mix, fifth in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) Nov. 2 at Santa Anita Park, has been retired.
Facing males for the first time, top-notch turf mare Marketing Mix stubbornly denied Dhaamer in his bid for a repeat victory in the closing-day Sunset Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 14 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Off since Breeders' Cup weekend, Marketing Mix shook off the rust to close gamely between horses in the stretch under Gary Stevens, nipping a hard-charging Tiz Flirtatious in the $250,000 Gamely Stakes (gr. IT) May 27.
Glen Hill Farm's Marketing Mix took advantage of a quick early pace to win the grade I Rodeo Drive Stakes on the turf at Santa Anita Park Sept. 29.
Marketing Mix continued her recent dominance of Canada's female turf ranks when she used a seam along the inside to capture the $352,020 Dance Smartly Stakes (Can-IIT) as the 3-5 choice July 8 at Woodbine.
Even-money choice Marketing Mix, given a clean trip on the outside, mowed down the leaders in the stretch to win the $344,628 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) on a soft Woodbine turf course June 2.
Favored Marketing Mix bettered 13 sophomore filly rivals to comfortably register her first graded stakes win in the $100,000 Pucker Up (gr. IIIT) on the Arlington Park turf course Sept. 17.
Marketing Mix, under a patient ride from jockey Patrick Husbands, sprinted down the rail to capture the $262,415 Wonder Where Stakes at Woodbine July 31, the final jewel of Canada's Triple Tiara series.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Slideshow: 2015 Racing Hall of Fame