Impulsive Dream, a winning daughter of Encosta de Lago, will join trainer Lee Freedman's stable after selling for the top price of Aust$550,000 ($458,205 in U.S. funds) Aug. 16 during the Magic Millions August Thoroughbred sale on Australia's Gold Coast. Former trainer and now Melbourne-based bloodstock agent Bill Mitchell purchased the 3-year-old filly on behalf of breeder and high profile businessman Sean Buckley.
In the euphoria which followed Miss Andretti's record breaking Newmarket Handicap (Aus-I) success on March 10, Lee Freedman placed the mare on the same elevated plane as Makybe Diva.
Perfect Promise racked up another series of firsts in taking the C.F. Orr Stakes (Aust-I) at Caulfield Feb. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Jockey David Mello Registers 1,000th Win
- F-T July: 'Chrome' Asst. Trainer Alan Sherman
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 154 Cowboy Cal--Refugee
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat