Impulsive Dream, a winning daughter of Encosta de Lago, will join trainer Lee Freedman's stable after selling for the top price of Aust$550,000 ($458,205 in U.S. funds) Aug. 16 during the Magic Millions August Thoroughbred sale on Australia's Gold Coast. Former trainer and now Melbourne-based bloodstock agent Bill Mitchell purchased the 3-year-old filly on behalf of breeder and high profile businessman Sean Buckley.
In the euphoria which followed Miss Andretti's record breaking Newmarket Handicap (Aus-I) success on March 10, Lee Freedman placed the mare on the same elevated plane as Makybe Diva.
Perfect Promise racked up another series of firsts in taking the C.F. Orr Stakes (Aust-I) at Caulfield Feb. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?