Impulsive Dream, a winning daughter of Encosta de Lago, will join trainer Lee Freedman's stable after selling for the top price of Aust$550,000 ($458,205 in U.S. funds) Aug. 16 during the Magic Millions August Thoroughbred sale on Australia's Gold Coast. Former trainer and now Melbourne-based bloodstock agent Bill Mitchell purchased the 3-year-old filly on behalf of breeder and high profile businessman Sean Buckley.
In the euphoria which followed Miss Andretti's record breaking Newmarket Handicap (Aus-I) success on March 10, Lee Freedman placed the mare on the same elevated plane as Makybe Diva.
Perfect Promise racked up another series of firsts in taking the C.F. Orr Stakes (Aust-I) at Caulfield Feb. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar