Impulsive Dream, a winning daughter of Encosta de Lago, will join trainer Lee Freedman's stable after selling for the top price of Aust$550,000 ($458,205 in U.S. funds) Aug. 16 during the Magic Millions August Thoroughbred sale on Australia's Gold Coast. Former trainer and now Melbourne-based bloodstock agent Bill Mitchell purchased the 3-year-old filly on behalf of breeder and high profile businessman Sean Buckley.
In the euphoria which followed Miss Andretti's record breaking Newmarket Handicap (Aus-I) success on March 10, Lee Freedman placed the mare on the same elevated plane as Makybe Diva.
Perfect Promise racked up another series of firsts in taking the C.F. Orr Stakes (Aust-I) at Caulfield Feb. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows