Seabiscuit jockey Red Pollard's race-worn saddle, which he wore upon the back of the famed champion, is among the rare Seabiscuit memorabilia being offered as part of the Lelands.com sports catalog auction.
The Seabiscuit Legacy Art Exhibition and Auction, to benefit the Seabiscuit Heritage Foundation and the Howard Community Healthcare Foundation, will take place at historic Ridgewood Ranch near Willits, Calif., on May 22.
Walter Mondale, former vice president of the United States and U.S. Ambassador to Japan, and his wife Joan, member of the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee, will lead a special first day of sale ceremony at noon May 11, for the new commemorative US Postal Service stamped envelope of legendary racehorse, Seabiscuit.
After an absence of more than 55 years, a life-sized bronze sculpture of the legendary American racehorse Seabiscuit is coming back to its original home in the Northern California.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely