On March 7 at Santa Anita Park the track and Seabiscuit Heritage Foundation will celebrate the 75th Anniversary of Seabiscuit and Red Pollard's history-making win in the Santa Anita Handicap of 1940.
Seabiscuit jockey Red Pollard's race-worn saddle, which he wore upon the back of the famed champion, is among the rare Seabiscuit memorabilia being offered as part of the Lelands.com sports catalog auction.
The Seabiscuit Legacy Art Exhibition and Auction, to benefit the Seabiscuit Heritage Foundation and the Howard Community Healthcare Foundation, will take place at historic Ridgewood Ranch near Willits, Calif., on May 22.
Walter Mondale, former vice president of the United States and U.S. Ambassador to Japan, and his wife Joan, member of the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee, will lead a special first day of sale ceremony at noon May 11, for the new commemorative US Postal Service stamped envelope of legendary racehorse, Seabiscuit.
After an absence of more than 55 years, a life-sized bronze sculpture of the legendary American racehorse Seabiscuit is coming back to its original home in the Northern California.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Migliore Joins XBTV's Digital Media Team
- Look Back: Shuvee Completes a Filly Triple Crown
- Leatherbury, Maryland Racing Mourn Ben's Cat