The gritty gelding Yougottawanna registered a repeat victory in the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Bay Meadows, going gate to wire to win by 1 1/4 lengths over Jake Skate.
Favored Yougottawanna, allowed to establish an easy lead, held off stablemate Gold Ruckus by three-quarters of a length to win the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows.
A small but competitive field of five lines up for Monday's $100,000 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows, headed by morning line favorite Snorter and defending champion Reba's Gold.
The 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program will feature 113 races and will distribute $7.2 million in Breeders' Cup Funds - an increase of $800,000 over last year - to existing stakes races across the United States and Canada. Ten new races will receive Breeders' Cup enhancements for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer