The gritty gelding Yougottawanna registered a repeat victory in the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Bay Meadows, going gate to wire to win by 1 1/4 lengths over Jake Skate.
Favored Yougottawanna, allowed to establish an easy lead, held off stablemate Gold Ruckus by three-quarters of a length to win the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows.
A small but competitive field of five lines up for Monday's $100,000 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows, headed by morning line favorite Snorter and defending champion Reba's Gold.
The 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program will feature 113 races and will distribute $7.2 million in Breeders' Cup Funds - an increase of $800,000 over last year - to existing stakes races across the United States and Canada. Ten new races will receive Breeders' Cup enhancements for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- The Week in Photos for 11/29/2014
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- What's Going On Here: Going National