The gritty gelding Yougottawanna registered a repeat victory in the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Bay Meadows, going gate to wire to win by 1 1/4 lengths over Jake Skate.
Favored Yougottawanna, allowed to establish an easy lead, held off stablemate Gold Ruckus by three-quarters of a length to win the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows.
A small but competitive field of five lines up for Monday's $100,000 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows, headed by morning line favorite Snorter and defending champion Reba's Gold.
The 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program will feature 113 races and will distribute $7.2 million in Breeders' Cup Funds - an increase of $800,000 over last year - to existing stakes races across the United States and Canada. Ten new races will receive Breeders' Cup enhancements for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night