The gritty gelding Yougottawanna registered a repeat victory in the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Bay Meadows, going gate to wire to win by 1 1/4 lengths over Jake Skate.
Favored Yougottawanna, allowed to establish an easy lead, held off stablemate Gold Ruckus by three-quarters of a length to win the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows.
A small but competitive field of five lines up for Monday's $100,000 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows, headed by morning line favorite Snorter and defending champion Reba's Gold.
The 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program will feature 113 races and will distribute $7.2 million in Breeders' Cup Funds - an increase of $800,000 over last year - to existing stakes races across the United States and Canada. Ten new races will receive Breeders' Cup enhancements for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Zia Park Schedules 33 Stakes for 2015 Meet