The gritty gelding Yougottawanna registered a repeat victory in the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Bay Meadows, going gate to wire to win by 1 1/4 lengths over Jake Skate.
Favored Yougottawanna, allowed to establish an easy lead, held off stablemate Gold Ruckus by three-quarters of a length to win the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows.
A small but competitive field of five lines up for Monday's $100,000 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows, headed by morning line favorite Snorter and defending champion Reba's Gold.
The 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program will feature 113 races and will distribute $7.2 million in Breeders' Cup Funds - an increase of $800,000 over last year - to existing stakes races across the United States and Canada. Ten new races will receive Breeders' Cup enhancements for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- Hard Not to Like Seeks Fourth Grade I
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Favorite Tale Easy Fabulous Strike Winner
- Mobile Bay Just Up in Zia Park Derby
- Sharla Rae Takes on Males in Hollywood Derby
- Andreya's Reward Shifts to Dirt for Hut Hut
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move
- Commissioner Heads Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Airoforce Tries Dirt in Kentucky Jockey Club
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill