The gritty gelding Yougottawanna registered a repeat victory in the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Bay Meadows, going gate to wire to win by 1 1/4 lengths over Jake Skate.
Favored Yougottawanna, allowed to establish an easy lead, held off stablemate Gold Ruckus by three-quarters of a length to win the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows.
A small but competitive field of five lines up for Monday's $100,000 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows, headed by morning line favorite Snorter and defending champion Reba's Gold.
The 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program will feature 113 races and will distribute $7.2 million in Breeders' Cup Funds - an increase of $800,000 over last year - to existing stakes races across the United States and Canada. Ten new races will receive Breeders' Cup enhancements for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Gold Ship Sails to Breakthrough Tenno Sho Win
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Post Kentucky Derby News Update for May 3