The gritty gelding Yougottawanna registered a repeat victory in the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Bay Meadows, going gate to wire to win by 1 1/4 lengths over Jake Skate.
Favored Yougottawanna, allowed to establish an easy lead, held off stablemate Gold Ruckus by three-quarters of a length to win the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows.
A small but competitive field of five lines up for Monday's $100,000 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows, headed by morning line favorite Snorter and defending champion Reba's Gold.
The 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program will feature 113 races and will distribute $7.2 million in Breeders' Cup Funds - an increase of $800,000 over last year - to existing stakes races across the United States and Canada. Ten new races will receive Breeders' Cup enhancements for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm