The gritty gelding Yougottawanna registered a repeat victory in the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Bay Meadows, going gate to wire to win by 1 1/4 lengths over Jake Skate.
Favored Yougottawanna, allowed to establish an easy lead, held off stablemate Gold Ruckus by three-quarters of a length to win the $86,250 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows.
A small but competitive field of five lines up for Monday's $100,000 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows, headed by morning line favorite Snorter and defending champion Reba's Gold.
The 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program will feature 113 races and will distribute $7.2 million in Breeders' Cup Funds - an increase of $800,000 over last year - to existing stakes races across the United States and Canada. Ten new races will receive Breeders' Cup enhancements for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- East Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller