The National Thoroughbred Racing Association will send one winner and their guest to the July premiere of "Seabiscuit: An American Legend."
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens, who portrays the late George Woolf in the upcoming Universal film, "Seabiscuit: An American Legend," will resume riding at Santa Anita on Feb. 14.
Moviegoers got their first taste of "Seabiscuit" the movie this week with the debut in theaters of the preview promoting the coming summer's blockbuster.
After a one-week delay due to California's closed ports, Bay Meadows will be the first to venture into horse bobblehead giveaways. The San Mateo, Calif., track will hand out 8,500 Seabiscuit bobbleheads on Oct. 19, the first of these popular nodding statuettes to honor a horse instead of a human.
- By Ron Mitchell
Author Laura Hillenbrand and her best-selling book "Seabiscuit: An American Legend" continue their winning ways. In recent weeks, the book was named "Non-Fiction Book of the Year," by BookSense; hit No. 1 on the New York Times paperback non-fiction bestseller list for May 18; and was selected as this month's selection by the "USA Today Book Club."
"Seabiscuit: An American Legend," the recently-released book by Laura Hillenbrand that will occupy the top spot on the April 8 New York Times bestseller list for non-fiction, will be the focus of a segment on the Thursday (April 5) edition of the "NBC Nightly News" with Tom Brokaw.
Most Popular Stories
- Lani to Return in Al Maktoum Challenge Round 3
- Hartley, De Renzo Move Operation Into New Dimension
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- A $300 Million Question at Pimlico Race Course
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Time Loves A Hero
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Bernardini Colt Among Horses to Watch at Gulfstream
- Illinois Board Approves $500K for Purses