Auroras Encore sprang a 66-1 upset in the 975,000 John Smith's Grand National Chase April 6 at Aintree, surging to a nine-length triumph in the world's most famous steeplechase.
Katie Walsh will attempt to become the first female jockey to win the John Smith's Grand National when she rides Seabass April 6 at Aintree. Seabass is second-choice, at 8-1, of the 40 horses entered.
Most Popular Stories
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting