Silver Tree and Host, both graded stakes winners in 2004, are the likely favorites in the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Reminding some of the late stretch-running style of his sire, Mecke, Sea Pleasure came from last at the top of the lane to win the $100,000 Americana Handicap on Independence Day at Calder Race Course Friday.
Dogwood Stable's Hypnotist and jockey Jerry Bailey held off White Cat and Edgar Prado by a neck Sunday in winning the $75,000 Dave Feldman for 3-year-olds on the turf at Gulfstream.
Favored Nothing To Lose, with Jerry Bailey riding, unleashed a strong drive to overtake the leaders in midstretch and go on to a 1 3/4-length victory in Wednesday's $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday