Silver Tree and Host, both graded stakes winners in 2004, are the likely favorites in the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Reminding some of the late stretch-running style of his sire, Mecke, Sea Pleasure came from last at the top of the lane to win the $100,000 Americana Handicap on Independence Day at Calder Race Course Friday.
Dogwood Stable's Hypnotist and jockey Jerry Bailey held off White Cat and Edgar Prado by a neck Sunday in winning the $75,000 Dave Feldman for 3-year-olds on the turf at Gulfstream.
Favored Nothing To Lose, with Jerry Bailey riding, unleashed a strong drive to overtake the leaders in midstretch and go on to a 1 3/4-length victory in Wednesday's $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet