Silver Tree and Host, both graded stakes winners in 2004, are the likely favorites in the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Reminding some of the late stretch-running style of his sire, Mecke, Sea Pleasure came from last at the top of the lane to win the $100,000 Americana Handicap on Independence Day at Calder Race Course Friday.
Dogwood Stable's Hypnotist and jockey Jerry Bailey held off White Cat and Edgar Prado by a neck Sunday in winning the $75,000 Dave Feldman for 3-year-olds on the turf at Gulfstream.
Favored Nothing To Lose, with Jerry Bailey riding, unleashed a strong drive to overtake the leaders in midstretch and go on to a 1 3/4-length victory in Wednesday's $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates