Bar Three's homebred Best of Buddies battled for the lead every step of the way from the rail and held off the fast closing Crested by a neck to capture the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) in his stakes debut Saturday.
Mill House's Brilliant has been made the 5-2 favorite in Saturday's $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT), which drew a field of eight 3-year-old grass runners, including Peter Vegso's Go Between, also a multiple graded stakes winner.
Mill House's homebred Brilliant, under steady handling from Mark Guidry, rolled to a 6 1/2-length win in the $492,500 Kent Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Delaware Park turf Saturday.
Unbeaten After Market tries to stretch his winning streak to five when he faces a full field in the $500,000 Kent Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Delaware Park turf course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- F-T Horses of Racing Age Sale Catalog Online