Bar Three's homebred Best of Buddies battled for the lead every step of the way from the rail and held off the fast closing Crested by a neck to capture the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) in his stakes debut Saturday.
Mill House's Brilliant has been made the 5-2 favorite in Saturday's $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT), which drew a field of eight 3-year-old grass runners, including Peter Vegso's Go Between, also a multiple graded stakes winner.
Mill House's homebred Brilliant, under steady handling from Mark Guidry, rolled to a 6 1/2-length win in the $492,500 Kent Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Delaware Park turf Saturday.
Unbeaten After Market tries to stretch his winning streak to five when he faces a full field in the $500,000 Kent Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Delaware Park turf course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam