Bar Three's homebred Best of Buddies battled for the lead every step of the way from the rail and held off the fast closing Crested by a neck to capture the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) in his stakes debut Saturday.
Mill House's Brilliant has been made the 5-2 favorite in Saturday's $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT), which drew a field of eight 3-year-old grass runners, including Peter Vegso's Go Between, also a multiple graded stakes winner.
Mill House's homebred Brilliant, under steady handling from Mark Guidry, rolled to a 6 1/2-length win in the $492,500 Kent Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Delaware Park turf Saturday.
Unbeaten After Market tries to stretch his winning streak to five when he faces a full field in the $500,000 Kent Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Delaware Park turf course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Cassatt Takes Advantage of Big Zia Park Day
- Motion Shipper Appealing Cat in Del Mar Debut
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Churchill to Resume Live Racing Nov. 21
- Rockridge Stud Announces 2015 Stallion Fees
- Woodbine, Horsemen Announce 2015 Calendar
- UC-Davis Seeks Horse Management Survey Input