Overlooked homebred filly Silmaril who blew by the three favorites and won Sunday's $75,000 Jameela Stakes at Laurel Park.
The $100,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship Wednesday at Laurel Park figured to be a one horse affair, but when that one horse faltered, the door opened for Pour It On, who rallied along the rail to post a 36-1 upset score.
Higgins and Bowman Stable's Richetta was a handy winner of today's $60,000 Heavenly Cause Stakes at Laurel Park by a comfortable 1 1/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Gains Posted at Doncaster Premier Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward