The International Festival of Racing, featuring the 25th running of the Arlington Million (gr. IT), tops a 2007 schedule that includes 27 stakes races worth $5,525,000 during 94 days of racing at Arlington Park May 4-Sept. 16.
Charles R. Patton's Therecomesatiger came from off the pace to nip Le Cinquieme Essai by a head in the $114,500 Sea o'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Team Block's Fort Prado overtook Old Deuteronomy mid-stretch and drew off to win the $117,000 Sea o'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile by 1 1/4 lengths Saturday at Arlington Park.
Herculated ran down pacesetter Warleigh in mid-stretch and drew off to win the $150,000 Sea O'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile by a half-length on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Farish, Elkins & Webber's Rock Slide edged favored Miesque's Approval in a head bobbing finish by a nose in Sunday's $160,650 Sea o'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile at Arlington Park before a Father's Day crowd of 26,101.
Live Oak Plantation's Miesque's Approval, runner-up in the Maker's Mark Mile at Keeneland in April, will be the staring high weight at 118 pounds when he faces seven rivals in the $150,000 Sea o'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile on turf Sunday at Arlington Park.
Despite a light schedule for turf milers, one contender emerged for the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) in the form of Startac.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares