One of racing's long-standing jockey/agent relationships came to an end when jockey Alex Solis handed agent Scotty McClellan his pink slip Jan. 27 after a successful run of 16 years.
Jockey Alex Solis, sidelined since suffering a knee injury in a spill at Santa Anita last Friday, is scheduled to return to action at Hollywood Park on Nov. 16, agent Scotty McClellan reported Wednesday.
R.H. "Chick" McClellan, a long-time successful jockey agent and constant presence at his home racetrack, Santa Anita Park, died at his home in Arcadia Friday night at the age of 86.
Jockey Alex Solis, who suffered a fractured vertebra in a spill at Del Mar July 23, was back in the saddle for the first time Friday morning, working two horses for trainers Jeff Mullins and Richard Mandella.
Former trainer David Cross Jr., who won the 1983 Kentucky Derby with Sunny's Halo, will launch a new career as a jockey agent at Hollywood Park next week with apprentice Jorge Carreno.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win