One of racing's long-standing jockey/agent relationships came to an end when jockey Alex Solis handed agent Scotty McClellan his pink slip Jan. 27 after a successful run of 16 years.
Jockey Alex Solis, sidelined since suffering a knee injury in a spill at Santa Anita last Friday, is scheduled to return to action at Hollywood Park on Nov. 16, agent Scotty McClellan reported Wednesday.
R.H. "Chick" McClellan, a long-time successful jockey agent and constant presence at his home racetrack, Santa Anita Park, died at his home in Arcadia Friday night at the age of 86.
Jockey Alex Solis, who suffered a fractured vertebra in a spill at Del Mar July 23, was back in the saddle for the first time Friday morning, working two horses for trainers Jeff Mullins and Richard Mandella.
Former trainer David Cross Jr., who won the 1983 Kentucky Derby with Sunny's Halo, will launch a new career as a jockey agent at Hollywood Park next week with apprentice Jorge Carreno.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Favorite Tale, Choctaw Chuck Top Quick Call