Santa Anita Park has announced five finalists for the prestigious Santa Anita George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award, with the winner to be announced on HRTV in January following a vote of jockeys nationwide.
Two-time Eclipse Award winning jockey Ramon Dominguez has been selected as the 63rd winner of the prestigious Santa Anita George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award.
Ramon Dominguez, Corey Lanerie, Martin Pedroza, DeShawn Parker, and Scott Stevens are the finalists for the 63rd annual George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award in 2012, Santa Anita Park announced Nov. 23.
Jockey Scott Stevens earned Thoroughbred win number 4,000 March 18 when he guided favored Summer Nights to a seven-length victory at Turf Paradise.
Jockey Scott Stevens remains in intensive care with severe injuries July 3 after a fall the previous night that caused a four-horse accident in the sixth race at Canterbury Park.
Keagan, ridden by Scott Stevens, collared the 3-5 choice Sky Diving near the sixteenth pole and drove to a one-length victory in the $75,000 Turf Paradise Derby for 3-year-olds Saturday in Phoenix.
Due to the unsafe race conditions caused by more than five inches of rain overnight in Shakopee, Minn., Canterbury Park management decided to cancel its races on Sunday afternoon.
Canterbury Park will kick off its 63-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet May 16. Highlight of the spring/summer season is the $550,000 Claiming Crown, a five-race series scheduled for July 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- R Free Roll Aims to Tumble Sugar Swirl Rivals
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- CA Stakes Winner Gig Harbor to Victory Rose
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Engaging On-Track Fans With Social Games
- Genetics Behind Horses' Face and Leg Markings Studied
- Paulick Presented With Bergstein Award
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds