University of Kentucky College of Agriculture's Nancy Cox will be one of Kentucky's visionaries and innovators honored at Bluegrass Tomorrow's 20th Anniversary Vision Awards/InnoVision Breakfast Oct. 30 at the Hyatt Regency in Lexington.
Craig Carter, a 26-year veteran in diagnostic veterinary medicine, is the new director of the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture's Livestock Disease Diagnostic Center.
On Jan. 29, the University of Kentucky announced plans for a new equine undergraduate program, planned improvements to its Maine Chance Farm near Lexington, and a $1 million endowed professorship to honor Stanley Smith Dickson.
Central Kentucky horse farms interested in assistance in evaluating their pastures now have access to the Horse Pasture Evaluation Program offered by the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture Department of Plant and Soil Sciences.
Dan Rosenberg, president and chief operating officer of Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., has been named executive in residence for the Equine Initiative within the University of Kentucky's College of Agriculture. Rosenberg will continue in his present position at Three Chimneys in addition to the new role.
- By Tom LaMarra
The University of Kentucky's equine drug research program, funded by pari-mutuel handle under the auspices of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority, apparently has been suspended indefinitely.
The Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council agreed in principal to allocate $350,000 for research to develop tests for presence of the drugs Inolin and Dizocilpine.
The dean of the College of Agriculture at the University of Kentucky told several Kentucky lawmakers the school's Livestock Disease Diagnostic Center is overburdened and under-funded.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Convey Edges Out Winter Derby Victory
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91