The owner of Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro said a new cast placed on the left hind leg of the classic winner will not affect his mobility or plans to be relocated soon.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Barbaro was examined Dec. 19 by Dr. Scott Morrison, head of the equine podiatry service at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, Ky., who did some minor work on Barbaro's left hind foot.
Barbaro is scheduled to have his left hind foot examined Dec. 19 by Dr. Scott Morrison, an equine hoof specialist from Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington, according to a spokeswoman for the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified