Jay Robbins, the only trainer to win consecutive runnings of the Breeders' Cup Classic(gr. I), has announced his retirement after more than four decades.
Jockey Joe Talamo reached recorded his 1,000th career victory April 5 when he guided 2-5 choice Splendid Fortune to a 7 1/4-length victory in the fourth race at Santa Anita Park.
Santa Anita-based horsemen had fond memories of the late former trainer J.E. "Cotton" Tinsley, who will be remembered during a gathering of his friends on Jan. 11 at Arcadia Golf Course. Tinsley was found dead Jan. 4
During a visit to the Westfield Mall in Arcadia recently, Alex Solis had no intention of shopping for a mount. But that's exactly what the 40-year-old jockey did.
Two-time Del Mar riding champion Alex Solis, injured in a spill Friday, awaits one more medical opinion before making a decision on whether to have surgery to repair the broken vertebra in his back, according to agent Scott McClellan.
Jockey Alex Solis will be sidelined for at least the next three months after suffering a fractured vertebra in a spill in Friday's third race at Del Mar.
Jockey Alex Solis, still sore following a spill in Saturday's ninth race at Santa Anita, took off Tuesday's scheduled mounts but hoped to ride on Wednesday, agent Scott McClellan said.
Alex Solis was scheduled to be released from Arcadia Methodist Hospital Sunday morning after an overnight stay following a spill in Saturday's ninth race.
Hall of Fame rider Eddie Delahoussaye, injured when thrown at Del Mar Friday, will be off his mounts for the next three days, agent Scott McClellan said Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill