After losing its record-setting momentum a year ago, the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling auction rebounded significantly during its latest edition, which ended Tuesday.
A California and Del Mar record Pick Six payoff was set Aug. 1 when a single ticket containing all six winners, held mostly by Desperado Stables owner Scott Guenther, was worth $2,100,117.
Popular California speedster Freespool has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Rick Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Buddy Gil, upstart winner of the Baldwin Stakes on turf and the San Felipe Stakes on the main track, worked five furlongs in :59 seconds on Santa Anita's fast maintrack under Gary Stevens in preparation for the $750,000 Santa Anita Derby on April 5.
Most Popular Stories
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin