After losing its record-setting momentum a year ago, the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling auction rebounded significantly during its latest edition, which ended Tuesday.
A California and Del Mar record Pick Six payoff was set Aug. 1 when a single ticket containing all six winners, held mostly by Desperado Stables owner Scott Guenther, was worth $2,100,117.
Popular California speedster Freespool has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Rick Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Buddy Gil, upstart winner of the Baldwin Stakes on turf and the San Felipe Stakes on the main track, worked five furlongs in :59 seconds on Santa Anita's fast maintrack under Gary Stevens in preparation for the $750,000 Santa Anita Derby on April 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake