A fire at Old Friends retirement farm near Georgetown, Ky., has destroyed the organization's hospital/quarantine barn. Alphabet Soup and Archie's Echo were safely evacuated.
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. has announced a partnership to develop a retail and entertainment venue on its property in Shakopee, Minn.
- By Esther Marr
Plans to develop 59 acres of a Central Kentucky horse farm have triggered a debate, but the issue may come down to property rights.
John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington has expanded north with the purchase of two parcels of land totaling 317 acres.
- By Nick Hahn
Racing officials in Virginia were pleased to find out on Tuesday night that voters in three localities approved referenda to allow the expansion of off-track betting. They were waiting to find out the results for a fourth locality in northern Virginia.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season