Acclamation, easy winner of the Jim Murray Memorial Handicap on May 15, drops back in distance when he faces 11 opponents in the $250,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park on June 5.
Acclamation earned his first graded stakes win and snapped an 11-race losing streak when he dominated his rivals in the $150,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) in a 14-1 upset on the Hollywood Park turf May 15.
Perhaps encouraged by the absence of Bourbon Bay, 11 horses were entered in the $150,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. II) to be contested May 15 over the Hollywood Park turf.
British raider Scintillo outran Italian star Gladiatorus in the final furlong to capture the Gran Criterium (Ity-I) for 2-year-olds at San Siro Oct. 14 by a half-length.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Saratoga Racing Secretary Gabriel Leaving
- Santa Anita Hosts Handicapping Event Oct. 4-5