Wollaston Bay avenged a second-place finish to Bill Place in his last race by strolling to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $70,070 Fred "Cappy" Capossela Stakes at Aqueduct.
- By Tom Precious
Thoroughbred trainer Gary Sciacca was suspended for four months and two of his employees and a Belmont Park veterinarian were handed stringent penalties Wednesday by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board over milkshaking charges stemming from last year.
No action will be taken against the three individuals arrested last week for allegedly administering a milkshake at Belmont Park until their criminal cases are completed, track stewards told the New York Racing and Wagering Board Tuesday.
- By Victor Ryan
Nassau County police arrested three men at Belmont Park last week for allegedly administering a milkshake June 28 to a horse scheduled to run that day for trainer Gary Sciacca.
Pebo's Guy, an 11-1 shot, won the $86,625 Kingston Handicap at Belmont for the second time in three years Sunday, scoring by 1 1/2 lengths over John Paul Too. The Kingston was the third leg of a Pick Four wager which returned $253,234.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Arlington, Illinois THA Ink Two-Year Contract
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee