Wollaston Bay avenged a second-place finish to Bill Place in his last race by strolling to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $70,070 Fred "Cappy" Capossela Stakes at Aqueduct.
- By Tom Precious
Thoroughbred trainer Gary Sciacca was suspended for four months and two of his employees and a Belmont Park veterinarian were handed stringent penalties Wednesday by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board over milkshaking charges stemming from last year.
No action will be taken against the three individuals arrested last week for allegedly administering a milkshake at Belmont Park until their criminal cases are completed, track stewards told the New York Racing and Wagering Board Tuesday.
- By Victor Ryan
Nassau County police arrested three men at Belmont Park last week for allegedly administering a milkshake June 28 to a horse scheduled to run that day for trainer Gary Sciacca.
Pebo's Guy, an 11-1 shot, won the $86,625 Kingston Handicap at Belmont for the second time in three years Sunday, scoring by 1 1/2 lengths over John Paul Too. The Kingston was the third leg of a Pick Four wager which returned $253,234.
Most Popular Stories
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality