Wollaston Bay avenged a second-place finish to Bill Place in his last race by strolling to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $70,070 Fred "Cappy" Capossela Stakes at Aqueduct.
Thoroughbred trainer Gary Sciacca was suspended for four months and two of his employees and a Belmont Park veterinarian were handed stringent penalties Wednesday by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board over milkshaking charges stemming from last year.
No action will be taken against the three individuals arrested last week for allegedly administering a milkshake at Belmont Park until their criminal cases are completed, track stewards told the New York Racing and Wagering Board Tuesday.
Nassau County police arrested three men at Belmont Park last week for allegedly administering a milkshake June 28 to a horse scheduled to run that day for trainer Gary Sciacca.
Pebo's Guy, an 11-1 shot, won the $86,625 Kingston Handicap at Belmont for the second time in three years Sunday, scoring by 1 1/2 lengths over John Paul Too. The Kingston was the third leg of a Pick Four wager which returned $253,234.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Average, Median Rise at Inglis Yearling Sale
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- TOBA to Present Pedigree, Conformation Clinic
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout