The $200,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 4 has attracted a 12-horse grab-bag, and trainer Tom Proctor's consistent Avanzare would appear to head the crowded field of turf runners.
Rallying from last on the backstretch, favored Enterprising found room between horses in the drive and powered his way to victory in the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT) as racing returned to the turf at Del Mar.
Enterprising and Argyle Cut, separated by a neck when first and second, respectively, in the opening day Oceanside Stakes, battle again as turf racing returns to Del Mar Aug. 9 in the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Let's Go Stable's Divine Oath stormed up the rail and denied British raider Our Channel a win in the $200,000 American Derby (gr. IIIT) July 12 at Arlington International Racecourse.
California Chrome approaches the toughest test of his career in the $1 million Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 5, but co-owner Steve Coburn could not be more confident in the upstart California-bred colt's chances.
Schoolofhardrocks, fourth-place finisher in the San Felipe Stakes (gr. II), worked six furlongs on Santa Anita's main track the morning of March 28 in 1:12 4/5 in preparation for the $1 million Santa Anita Derby (gr. I).
Bayern should draw most of the attention in the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 8 at Santa Anita Park following his dazzling 15-length allowance win for trainer Bob Baffert.
After displaying a wicked late kick in winning the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I), Tamarando attempts two turns for the first time against 10 opponents in the $250,000 FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 28 at Santa Anit
Most Popular Stories
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale
- Indiana Grand Approved for 120 Dates in 2015
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- First Win for United States at Charles Town
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- Torrid Martin Resumes Golden Gate Hot Streak
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah