Rallying from last on the backstretch, favored Enterprising found room between horses in the drive and powered his way to victory in the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT) as racing returned to the turf at Del Mar.
Enterprising and Argyle Cut, separated by a neck when first and second, respectively, in the opening day Oceanside Stakes, battle again as turf racing returns to Del Mar Aug. 9 in the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Let's Go Stable's Divine Oath stormed up the rail and denied British raider Our Channel a win in the $200,000 American Derby (gr. IIIT) July 12 at Arlington International Racecourse.
California Chrome approaches the toughest test of his career in the $1 million Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 5, but co-owner Steve Coburn could not be more confident in the upstart California-bred colt's chances.
Schoolofhardrocks, fourth-place finisher in the San Felipe Stakes (gr. II), worked six furlongs on Santa Anita's main track the morning of March 28 in 1:12 4/5 in preparation for the $1 million Santa Anita Derby (gr. I).
Bayern should draw most of the attention in the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 8 at Santa Anita Park following his dazzling 15-length allowance win for trainer Bob Baffert.
After displaying a wicked late kick in winning the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I), Tamarando attempts two turns for the first time against 10 opponents in the $250,000 FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 28 at Santa Anit
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Palace Malice Interest Sold; May Race Again
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale
- Ruidoso Unveils Integrity and Safety Program
- Live Chat - Friday, September 26 at NOON EST
- Ramseys, Brown, Castellano Top Penn Standings
- What's Going On Here: In Honor of Theresa
- Lemon Drop Kid and Bill Farish