Germany's 2004 Horse of the Year Soldier Hollow got back to his winning ways when he defeated even-money choice Arcadio to give trainer Peter Schiergen the first two finishers in Sunday's Grosser Dallmayr-Preis (Ger-I) at Munich.
Iota's four-length win over the pacesetter North Queen in Sunday's Pries der Diana (Ger-I), or German Oaks, gave trainer Peter Schiergen a one-two finish at Hamburg.
German trainer Peter Schiergen won his third Italian group I victory in the past three weeks when Soldier Hollow rallied to capture the $425,000 Premio Roma at Capannelle Racetrack in Rome Sunday.
Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Spinning World was represented by his first stakes winner Sunday, when his 2-year-old son Chan Chan won the listed Oppenheim-Rennen at Cologne.
Boreal rallied to the lead with a quarter-mile to run and held on for a 1 1/2-length win in Sunday's BMW Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) at Hamburg. Borgia, Boreal's half-sister, won the German Derby in 1997.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- New York THA Invests in Testing Equipment
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Gallant Son to Daehling Ranch in CA
- NYRA Pledges Matching Funds for Aftercare
- 10-Day Los Al Fall Meet Opens Sept. 10
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Whistling Past the Graveyard